Sunday, December 28, 2014

Flu Season

Well, it hit us. The flu. So far 4 out of 6 of us have that evil bug. My hubs did get the shot so maybe he'll dodge this bullet.

Here's tonight's adventure. And just to let you guys know, I shopped at Walmart.

Cover those mattresses!
A twin size vinyl mattress protector is about $8. I have bought these in the past, and as long as your kids don't jump on the beds they won't rip. Yeah, good luck with that...My go-to solution was white duct tape. It's a tad classier than traditional metallic gray. And if you know me, I'm all about classy.

The other issue with these is that they are made with PVC, a known carcinogen by the EPA. So if I can avoid my kids sucking down that off gas for 77+ hours a week, all the better.

I buy shower curtains. I found PEVA plastic curtains for about $2. They are biodegradable and PVC-free. It's way safer, cheaper, and the kids can jump around to their little heart's delights. 

I also put one on my side of the bed because the cub still co-sleeps. A queen cover was about $12. The shower curtain does the trick. Bonus, I don't have to hear from the hubs that the plastic is making him hot all winter.

Total cost for 3 twin beds and one queen bed was about $8. That compared to the $36 that I used to spend is much more doable. 

Cover those pillows!
I just bought the cheap pillows and left the plastic from the store on them. Slide on a pillowcase, and call it a day. Yeah I spent a couple of bucks more than but then again, I got new pillows.

Here's hoping they are healthy tommorrow!

XOXO,
Susie 


No comments:

Post a Comment